Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday.

Yesterday I went to the podiatrist -- paid $30 to hear that yes, I lost both toenails, but yes, he agrees they look healthy and are healing well.

Last night for some reason I didn't get sleepy until 1:30ish in the morning... thinking I would never be able to drag myself out of bed at 6:30, I emailed my running buddy and bailed. Strangely though I woke up without an alarm at 6:20, and I decided to run anyways. I ran a LOT farther on my first stretch-- I think because I didn't have to talk, so I didn't feel as out of breath. I had my little MP3 player with a book on tape, and ran along happy as a clam. I wouldn't mind running by myself in the future-- but feel bad about ditching my buddy. So anyway, it was a nice morning run and I feel like I ran as much if not more than normal. Which is good, because last night I made brownies to give to Ben for his trip to Boston-- turtle brownies (pecans and caramels tossed into the batter, as well as chocolate chips)-- which always involves spoon licking (and I leave quite a bit of batter in the bowl explicitly for me.)

Another favorite song now... "Periodico de Ayer" by Hector Lavoe, one of salsa's great vocalists.

So I'm leaving work early today to take my birthday check (Thanks Uncle Louis!) to go shopping. (Don't worry, half goes to savings.) Then the Drew memorial at 7, and then home to eat, and get ready for salsa class at 9.

Ciao and have a good weekend....

No comments: