Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Priorities....

Sorry for the long lag in posting. I have been swamped at work, deadlines as far as the eye can see, and it seems like I am glued to my computer at all hours of the day and night. I'm not complaining, except that I have been skipping class pretty regularly now. Couple days last week I only trained once per day or even not at all!

Over the weekend, good friend Mark up at Faixa Preta in Rockwall TX took home the bronze at the No Gi Worlds... likewise, my ref and role model Hillary Williams, who was recently promoted to brown belt (after only training THREE YEARS!), brought home the gold in the advanced division, both her weight class and the absolute. Damn :) Also, a gang from our school competed at the Atama Open and brought home a bunch of silver bling. I didn't go-- boo. Might compete at NAGA next month, especially if my superfly tiedyed gi arrives in time, courtesy of my super sponsor Chris Lane and Happy Kimonos.

On Sunday I did train... had some nice flowy rolls especially with Chris, a relatively newish whitebelt who's big and strong and feels like a wrestler though he denies it. Feeling and comparing responses to movement between us made me curious to watch my previous comp matches.. and lo and behold, I have indeed improved since last year! Shocker! So perhaps I am more confident.

Also spent a bunch of time with friends-- pedicure, sushi, a cupcake on the lake, chatting on the computer.. good stuff.

Tomorrow, have the day off for Veterans Day and appropriately I will be writing about fraud against veterans. I'll post a link here when it appears on the internet.

EDIT: Here's the link: check out Bullshido's investigative report regarding local instructor Larry Sanders which I helped with :)

4 comments:

A.D. McClish said...

Brown belt in 3 years?!?! Dang! She must be freaking awesome!

Meerkatsu said...

Watched Hilary's fight on the LiveStream. What an awesome BJJer.
Any chance of her popping over to the UK soon?

dannymack said...

Fraud against veterans, huh? That sounds interesting.

Liam H Wandi said...

"pedicure, sushi, a cupcake on the lake"

Now that's something!!!