Wednesday, June 09, 2010

OK, I'm back....

And boy am I tired. The plane landed at midnight Austin-time last night; I was finally on California time so I fell asleep just before two in the morning, but had to get up in the morning for class. This plan was scrapped at 5:30 this morning (3:30am to my brain) but I still made it into work before eight, so I have a couple minutes to get this out before the "workday" starts.

Got a bunch of real work to do here today, plus crossfit at noon and class tonight. And that pretty much describes tomorrow and Friday as well. I will be putting together my big Mundials post this weekend, with pictures etc. It's deep grey and rainy outside, wish me luck staying awake!

In the meantime, thought I'd mention a nifty online resource to plan your BJJ competition schedule-- jiujitsucalendar.com.
It's a searchable database for North American Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, free for competitors and tournament promoters, and it happens to be the only site with the ability to manage tournaments in your own personal calendar and map. They still have several slick functions to add, as well as plans to expand beyond North America as the site grows, so keep visiting to see what's new. If you have a tournament coming up, go there and add it.

Brain is still a-buzzin' with the sweep I learned yesterday at New Breed. It was a handy variation on a common shin sweep setup with your leg wrapped around their arm, but I found it easier to use because it didn't depend on their momentum, and yet I was able to sweep and mount even a big guy. :)

No comments: