Friday, July 30, 2010

Lunchtime open mat..

Rolled with two people today at lunch open mat and wore myself to a frazzle in the first 40 min. My first partner was a whitebelt, maybe 8" taller and 30ish pounds heavier. I was decently happy with how I did against him, especially because I was focused on playing my guard as much as I could. As a result, ironically, my guard passing was doing better. Even Christy commented on that, which was nice. I think I got him a couple times, and he got me with an Americana. Eventually we quit and chatted a bit. How sad is it when you finish a roll and your partner asks if he's getting written up! So I offered him the opportunity to pick his "stage name." He offered Mr. Blah. Nope. So, now he's No-Name. :)

Then I rolled with Anthony, a blue belt and a dear friend of mine. He about trounced me, but made it sound better when we finished by praising my toughness. :) Go hedgehog!

Work is picking up the pace, have lots of deadlines to worry about, but had no motivation this afternoon. After I saw a friend off to the airport, I stared at the computer screen blankly. Spent a lot of time meditating on the meaning of life and pondering my place in it. Finally shook off the malaise and went home, skipping evening open mat, and grilled chicken and corn on the cob for dinner. I had no appetite to eat, but I did anyway.

Really looking forward to losing myself in jits tomorrow. But in conversation tonight, my husband told me I'm married to jits. Maybe he has a point.

No comments: