Sunday, December 05, 2010

Gifts for the BJJ lover in your life.... Part 1

Ahhhh, the holidays :) Show your family this post, or refer to it for ideas if you're scrounging on what to get the jitsuka(s) in your life... oh, and it's a multi-part series, too. Keep tuned here!

1. Sick rashguards from X Liquid: Granted, they will be shipping from Hong Kong, so might arrive in 2011, but they're cool-- some tattoo designs, others with nature scenes, kanji characters, etc. I have one, have worn it 2+ years, and have not had any problems. Very smooth, no fading, the design is sublimated so it doesn't peel or crack... really nice. I wear a size small and it fits me fine.



2. Rashie and "spats" (a.k.a. grappling rashtights) from Scramble: Scramble is a British company with cute ideas. Fortunately for us Yanks, MMAOutlet.com is distributing them on this side of the pond so you have a good shot at receiving this in time for Christmas!



3. The mighty Guard series: From BJJ blackbelts Joe Moreira and Ed Beneville, this 3 volume series is nothing short of mindblowing and amazing. Each one can stand alone, or you can get the whole kit and kaboodle. Really clear and easy to follow instruction and excellent photography on all aspects of the strategic guard (including, of course, passing and defending the pass, but also addressing how to recover once you are passed or almost passed.)  Joe Moreira, a 7th degree blackbelt, has 37 years experience in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (and is a 3rd dan blackbelt in judo) while Ed Beneville is a black belt under Joe.  I love this series and hope this year Santa brings me volume 2, since I have 1 and 3 already and cart them around with me everywhere.


4. T-shirts that aren't tacky. Check out the variety of designs from BJJTshirts.com.


5. A new duffel bag. I like this extra-large "Zone" duffel from Under Armour because it has a separate section which I would use for shampoo, conditioner, and all the other junk for taking a shower to keep it apart from my clothes. It is big enough for gi and equipment, or a few changes of clothes and a clean towel.


So, that's the start of a good wishlist, I think. I'll be following this up shortly with some recommendations on gis, instructionals, and more goodies. :)

2 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

OMG, X Liquid has leopard print rash guards!!!!! :-D

Megan said...

Drooling over bag. Wants.