Friday, June 07, 2013

Why is Kinji San Martial Arts sponsoring Team Lloyd Irvin?

Kinji San Martial Arts Supplies makes Ronin Brand gis and is run by a really nice guy named Doug.

I recently discovered that Ronin is sponsoring some Team Lloyd Irvin fighters.

I feel like this is a bad idea because it sends the message that people who affiliate themselves with Lloyd Irvin will not have to pay a price for their choice.  I think it enables Lloyd Irvin to stay in the community and maintain the semblance of "respectability."

I encouraged Doug and Kinji San to withdraw these sponsorships contingent on the fighters switching teams or affiliations.  If you concur, I encourage you to visit the Kinji San Martial Arts Supplies facebook timeline and add your comments and thoughts there.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/19/4444064/lloyd-irvin-hit-with-1000000-tax-lien-on-monday