Super Body Care is a completely new approach to natural skin and body care. Everything is made with pure plant oils of Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender, and Bergamot to make your skin the healthiest ever. It smells delightful-- not overly herbal or minty or peculiar in any way, just very fresh, green, and light. And it doesn't really stick with you once you rinse, which is nice because it doesn't compete with my perfume. It kills ringworm and germs and bugs and everything you want dead, too. And leaves your skin feeling smooth and your hair happy....
My package had shower gel, walnut scrub, body lotion, bar soap with loofah bits throughout, antimicrobial body wipes, lip balm, air freshener packs (perfect for gym bag, sneakers, and the car!) AND a unique perfume/lotion/liquid talc that leaves a hint of shimmer, is scented like heaven and jasmine, and that I'm pretty sure was a one-time thing since I can't find it on her site right now.
The shower gel, which doubles as shampoo, is free of sodium lauryl sulfates and aluminum lauryl/laureth sulfates. I have this riding around in my gym bag (who needs to tote extra bottles? not me) and I do notice a difference when I wash my hair with it. (I'd buy more and use it at home, except I have a ridiculous stash of shampoo, shower gel, and so on in my bathroom closet and my husband and I have vowed to use it all up or die trying before buying any more even if I don't like the scent. But when I finish that stuff up... I tell you there's nothing like the feeling of hair that hasn't been stripped of all the natural oils. Especially for curly girls and guys, colored/treated/processed hair, etc.)
I don't use the walnut scrub very often, maybe once or twice a week on a body sponge, but it makes my skin super soft, and doesn't have that "scratchy" feeling like sugar and salt scrubs. I think her process does something nice to make the grains more rounded.
One SUPER awesome thing for us combat athletes... OR, people who go hike with friends around the lake, then hit the farmer's market, then find brunch (and no shower between)... is her natural antimicrobial body wipe. She uses cold pressed, steam distilled essential oils known for antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial properties in all her products, but the body wipes are just super handy for when you've walked right off the mats (or trails) and want to slick away all the creepy crawlies and smell good. And she's paid for lab testing of her products, with solid results proving her claims.
Generally speaking, aside from loving how well her stuff works and smells.. I love the idea of supporting a woman-started, woman-run small business, and I love her philosophy on customer service. It's a little bit "warm and fuzzy," some might even call it hippie... but I dig it, in this era of money-comes-first. In part, she says:
- By way of my abilities, talents, and learned knowledge, I will always and continue to educate, inform, and provide objective opinions on the art of health and caretaking of the human body.
- I will create, innovate, and advocate products for the good of my consumers, to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.
- I will not create a poisonous, toxic, or lethal product intentionally or, if I am asked, nor will I advocate such a product.
- I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts.
- I acknowledge there is a time and place for allopathic medicine (Western medicine), and will leave that to be performed by practitioners, specialists in this art.
- In every house, place of business that I go, I will act on behalf of the welfare of my consumers and my altruistic integrity, keeping myself far from all intentional unethical acts regardless of culture, gender, orientation, etc of the consumers.